With our own children being so young right now it is hard to imagine the feeling of seeing them walk down the aisle (or seeing them watch their bride walk down the aisle, for all of us boy mamas). Cue the tears! Though it is worlds away for us, for many of you your moms will get to experience this memorable moment so soon.
We are sure she will be crying happy tears and we want to give you a few ideas of how to express your gratitude to the person who has likely been there with you every step of the way.
When thinking about gifts for your moms, our ideas fell into three categories: 1. Gifts that can be used at the wedding and beyond, 2. Gifts to pamper your mom and 3. Gifts that will be keepsakes of the special day. Pick one or a few off the list to show your moms how much they mean to you both and how appreciative you are for everything they’ve done leading up to your wedding day.
Gifts moms will love for the wedding day and beyond
- Clutch – Maybe your mom is more modern and a traditional corsage is not the accessory she envisions for her dress. Instead gift her a beautiful clutch to carry that compliments your wedding colors and style.
- Travel Jewelry Organizer – Something to keep all of moms jewelry organized and accessible when it’s time to get dressed on wedding day!
- Wrap – Will any part of your wedding be outside? Or maybe you’re expecting to have cooler temps at some point during the day? Take care of your moms by keeping her warm with a cozy pashmina wrap. You could even customize it by adding their initials or the wedding date.
- Weekender – The weekend of your wedding your mom will be packing for many different events: rehearsal, wedding, morning after brunch. She may be staying at a hotel to be closer to the reception location or traveling across the country. Set her up in style with a new weekender bag. We love investment pieces like this that are practical but also have useful longevity.
Gifts for pampering yours moms
- Bath Salts – Moms work hard, and most likely have spent countless hours helping bring your wedding day dreams to life. Bath salts would make the perfect addition to any gift. Something luxurious, like a himalayan blend, will help soothe muscles.
- Face Oil – Your moms will feel fresh and hydrated all day with a few drops of a face oil before makeup is applied. We recommend a vitamin C oil to brighten, hydrate and glow!
- Perfume – You can never go wrong with a classic, beautiful of perfume. Find a scent that reminds you of your mom and will remind her of your wedding day.
- Jade Roller – These are amazing for applying face oils and a little extra pampering. We love that this one vibrates to help stimulate circulation, and an under eye press to help reduce puffy eyes and dark circles.
Keepsakes for moms after the wedding day
- Photo Book – Sometimes moms are more involved in the planning process than grooms. If this is true for you and your mom it would mean a lot to her to have a gift to show your appreciation for her participation. Take photos along the way of the different things you did together: mailing the invitations, cake tastings, venue selection, dress shopping, you name it! Then put together a photo book to give to her at the rehearsal or following the wedding if you want to include some day-of photos.
- Water Color Painting – This is another piece that you can customize for your mom. Think about something that was really important to her on your wedding. For example, the dress, the church, or the flowers may have been something that you did especially for her. Take that detail and get a print, sketch or painting made of it, frame it and voila – a memento to forever be displayed on your moms wall.
- Glass Jewelry Box – Glass jewelry boxes are timeless relics that any mother of the bride is sure to cherish. To individualize it further we suggest engraving the box with a monogram or short saying. Or add a new statement piece of jewelry inside that she can also wear on your wedding day.
- Thank You Card – Don’t forget that no matter what you choose to get your moms, there is nothing more personal than a beautifully composed thank you card to write your mom a letter of appreciation for everything she’s done for you.
The JDWC Team
Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer – We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.